b. September 12, 1953
Cook County, Commissioner (1998-)
Northfield Township GOP Committeeman (1994-2006)
Illinois, State Representative (1995-1996)
Northfield Township, Supervisor (1985-1997)
Long-serving 14th District Commissioner Gregg Goslin is a pragmatic, quiet Republican who consistently votes against tax hikes and for consolidation and privatization.
Goslin’s political career began in Northfield Township politics in 1985, when he elected Supervisor. He also served as collector and trustee, and was elected Republican Committeeman in 1994. He was appointed to replace former State Rep. Kevin Hanrahan when he resigned in 1996. Goslin finished serving out Hanrahan’s term in the 89th Session in the Illinois House.
Goslin was elected to the Board of Commissioners shortly after, in 1998, replacing “one of the board's most competent members” according to the Chicago Tribune, Republican Richard Siebel, who stepped down to run for judge. The 14th District includes Glenview, Northbrook, Northfield, Arlington Heights, Palatine, Inverness, Rolling Meadows. Goslin didn’t face another primary challenge until 2010. Even then, his opponent, political newcomer Patrick O'Donoghue, conceded that he was simply outspent and out-mailed, and didn’t have any negative things to say about Goslin.
A licensed real estate broker, Goslin still has his hand in the Glenview-based Cabot Properties Ltd., a real estate management company. He is also a general partner Abington Partners, a domestic LLC and Glenview Healthcare Management. He lives in Glenview with his wife Victoria, a special education teacher. They have three children: Kate, Maggie and Alexander.
- B.S. Political Science in Secondary Education, Southern Illinois University, 1975
Important Political Events
- 1985, Elected Northfield Township Supervisor
- 1994, Elected Northfield Township Republican Committeeman
- 1995, Appointed to finish the term of State Rep. Kevin Hanrahan
- 1998, Elected 14th District Cook County Commissioner, defeating Democrat Joyce Thompson Fitzgerald, replacing Richard Siebel
- 2006, Retired as Northfield Township GOP Committeeman, replaced by June O'Donoghue