Chicago, 13th Ward Alderman (2011-)
In 2011, Marty Quinn, and incumbent alderman Frank Olivo both submitted nomination petitions, but Olivo dropped out soon after, securing the race for Quinn, who then ran unopposed. A former aide to House Speaker Michael Madigan, who is also the 13th Ward Democratic Committeeman, Quinn is the only alderman in Council who doesn’t have his own website, a likely consequence of never having to worry about a contested race. Madigan's influence reigns supreme in the 13th Ward, so there's little need to worry about reelection for Ald. Quinn.
Quinn is quiet in Council meetings and tends to be quiet in just about every other kind of public political gathering. He has been reported as a campaign manager and strategist for state legislative candidates backed by Speaker Michael Madigan. In 2016 he managed Juliana Stratton's primary campaign for State Representative, helping to defeat Madigan foil, Ken Dunkin.
Current Chicago City Council Committees:
- Committee on Aviation
- Committee on Budget and Government Operations
- Committee on Committees, Rules and Ethics, Vice Chairman
- Committee on Finance
- Committee on License and Consumer Protection
- Committee on Pedestrian and Traffic Safety
- Committee on Special Events, Cultural Affairs and Recreation
- Committee on Transportation and Public Way
Important Political Events
- 2011, Elected 13th Ward Alderman, replacing Frank Olivo