Chairman, Cook County Republican Party (2016-)
Cook County, Commissioner (2015-)
Illinois, GOP State Central Committee, 3rd District (2014-)
Palos Township Republican Committeeman (2014-)
Appointed to the Cook County Board on July 22, 2015 to finish out the remainder of Elizabeth Gorman's fourth term, Sean M. Morrison is the newest member of the County board. The Palos Township Republican Committeeman was the only candidate nominated to replace Gorman; eleven committeemen voted for him to take over the seat.
Gorman, a powerful South Suburban Republican who helped Gov. Bruce Rauner gain prominence in the state, vacated her seat on the Cook County Board during her fourth term to accept a job in the private sector.
On April 13, 2016, Morrison was elected Chairman of the Cook County Republican Party, replacing Aaron Del Mar, who decided not to seek re-election. Morrison served as Del Mar’s Deputy before taking over as party chair.
Since his appointment to the board, Morrison has kept a low legislative profile, sponsoring mostly honorary and symbolic resolutions.
Since 1986, Morrison has worked in the private security industry, eventually founding his own company, Morrison Security, in 1993. According to the company’s website, Morrison Security provides professional armed and unarmed security guards, off-duty-police, executive protection, loss prevention, and canine drug and explosive detection units. Some of Morrison’s high profile clients include: Coca-Cola, Midway Airport, The Art Institute of Chicago, Northwestern University, and the Field Museum. His firm has also provided security for several Chicago events, including the Chicago Marathon and the Taste of Chicago.
The 17th District covers part of the southwest suburbs and represents 11 townships, starting at Des Plains to the north and including: Hickory Hills, Orland Park, Palos Hills, Palos Park, and Tinley Park. The district also includes all or parts of Indian Head Park, La Grange Park, Lemont, Riverside and Willow Springs, Bensenville, Berkeley, Brookfield, Burr Ridge, Countryside, Hillside, Hinsdale, Hodgkins, La Grange, Oak Brook, Westchester and Western Springs.
Morrison lives in Palos Park with his wife Lora, a registered nurse, and their two daughters.
Important Political Events
- 2005, Awarded the Ronald Reagan Republican Gold medal
- 2007, Nominated to serve as a Delegate from Illinois at the House Republican Trust Candidates’ Convention
- 2010, Defeated for Cook County Board of Tax Review in GOP Primary by Dan Patlak
- 2012, Defeated for Cook County Board of Tax Review in GOP Primary by Dan Patlak
- 2014, Elected Palos Township Republican Committeeman, unopposed, replacing Lee Roupas
- 2014, Elected State Central Committeeman of the 3rd Congressional District
- 2015, Appointed Cook County Commissioner, replacing Elizabeth Gorman
- 2016, Elected Chairman of the Cook County Republican Party, replacing Aaron Del Mar